Friday 23 August 2013

Istanbul Photo Diary


Hi everyone!

So this is my Istanbul photo diary! I guess I'll just jump right into it... These first four photos are from our first day in Istanbul in The Grand Bazaar. It was one of the most crowded places I have ever been but amazing at the same time! It is nothing like what we have in the UK and was a slightly surreal experience, definitely a must see if you ever visit Istanbul!


These photos here were taken in the Hagia Sophia, a sixth century Christian church. Isn't it just amazing!? I mean, have you ever seen a church that looks like this in the UK!? The architecture was just incredible, I feel as if I could just stare at it all day long!


These photos here are a little jumbled. The first is the outside of The Blue Mosque and the second two are of the inside. It was a really fun experience as we had to wear a hijab and there was a no shoes policy! The architecture inside was one of the most intricate and amazing things I have ever seen! The last picture was from the Cistern, in which water was stored for the whole of the city!


Now these last pictures are just a couple fun ones from the scenery and a couple with my sisters. It was an amazing trip (not much of a holiday though, you'll know what I mean if you've ever been to Istanbul)

Phoebe xxx

1 comment:

  1. lovely photos, hope you had a nice time!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete